The Josephine County Food Bank is committed to building a diverse and equitable team. We are an equal opportunity employer, and consider all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans), sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected class. Current food bank customers, people of color, women, and LGBTQ identified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, and application via:
mailed or in person: 3658 Upper River Rd
Grants Pass, OR 97526
Our Current Job Openings
Please see below for all current job openings. Full job descriptions are available for download at the bottom of each job posting. If you have any questions, please call our office at (541) 479-5556.
Food Recovery Specialist
This position is responsible for pick-ups of food from donors and delivery to recipient agencies. Assists in the scheduling of truck routes and collaborate with staff to meet program needs. Communicates equipment and truck maintenance needs, clean vehicles, and provides other related program support duties.
There is a $500 sign-on bonus after six months of positive work experience.
Duties, tasks, & responsibilities:
· Conducts pre-trip vehicle inspections on trucks.
· Complete daily time and temperature logs at each pickup.
· Make pick-ups according to the established schedule.
· Delivers product and equipment to local agency sites and distribution centers.
· Follows current food safety procedures for food handlers.
· Assists with local food drives and other special events as needed.
· Performs daily cleaning of vehicles, inside and out.
· Regularly cleans and sanitizes food recovery containers and another relevant equipment weekly.
· Performs other duties as requested by the Warehouse Manager or Executive Director.
· Responds to calls from food donors and food program staff for both scheduled and unscheduled pickups.
· Receives and responds to calls from donors, program staff, and agency recipients in a timely manner.
· Maintains and interprets accurate written and electronic records of food donations, deliveries, mileage, etc.
· Attends agency and donor meetings when required.
· Trains new food program drivers when needed.
· Weekly routine maintenance and communicates truck maintenance need to the Warehouse Manager.
· Saturday Pop-up Pantry.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Sorting and Organizing Fresh Alliance foods.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to take direction.
· Good organizational skills with the ability to maintain daily records.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure.
· Able to load, unload and organize a truck used for pick-up and delivery of the product.
· Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance.
· Ability to maintain a daily schedule of stops and react positively to unscheduled changes in a routine.
· Capable of focusing on problem-solving and contributing to building a positive team environment.
· Ability to work well with others from diverse backgrounds.
· High School Diploma or GED (Required)
· A minimum of 1-year delivery driver experience preferred and experience with vehicles rated up to 19,500 GVW (Preferred - No CDL required)
· Experience in safely driving a delivery vehicle (Preferred)
· Experience in food handling (Preferred)
· Be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the demand of partner agencies (Required)
· Ability to obtain a forklift certification within 90 days of hire (Required)
· Achieve Food Handlers certification within 30 days of hire – maintain certification throughout employment (Required)
· Accurately conveys information verbally and electronically in a timely manner to other food program staff, donors, and agencies.
· Prior to the date of hire and throughout employment:
§ Valid Drivers License
§ Proof of current auto insurance
§ Access to reliable transportation required.
§ Provide (MVR) Moving Violation Record
§ Maintain an acceptable driving record.
· This position is rated as active and frequently requires lifting to 50 pounds. Frequently defined as lifting, pushing, or transferring up to 5,000 pounds per day in total.
· Daily kneeling, stooping, bending, lifting, and climbing into and out of a delivery truck.
· Withstand exposure to adverse weather conditions (snow, rain, hail, heat)
· Active listening while operating machinery (truck, forklift, jack)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)